The Modal Argon8 is an eight-voice digital synthesizer that is unique sounding. It is very digital, buzzy, grindy, harsh, this is a not a lush pad instrument, and cannot sound analog. It was designed to sound digital and very different than everything else that is out there. When you hear it you will know this is an Argon8. If you are looking for a synth that produces harsh and buzzy sounds then look no further. It is build like a tank, although the knobs could use an upgrade. The best way to experience this synth is to play it at your local music store, or by clicking on the YouTube icon and watch and listen to a few videos.
SYNTHREV RATING: RECOMMENDED
- Good unique sounding synth
- Audio-In input
- Excellent build quality and great keyboard
- Limited to 8 voice polyphony (considered low for a digital synth)
- Sound engine is too specific and too unique, and cannot be used for a wide variety of applications.
- Effects are a bit 'weak', maybe that be can updated in firmware?
- Modulation joystick is springy unlike the traditional wheel which can remain in a particular position
- A bit pricey for an 8 voice digital synth